The Men’s Ministry of Charter Oak Lighthouse exists to help build men into all that God wants them to be. We do this through encouraging our men to cultivate several characteristics in their lives that are highly prized in the Bible. These characteristics include:
(1) Faith – the Bible tells us that without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb. 11:6) and that is through faith in Jesus Christ that we are saved (John 1:12-13; John 3:16-17; Rom. 1:16-17, Rom. 10:9-13).
(2) Fidelity to God’s Word – the Bible is our instruction book for living and it is through the Word of God that we are molded into the very image of Christ (Psalm 1:1-6; 2 Tim. 3:16-17).
(3) Holiness – the Bible calls on all people to walk in holiness and men of God are called on to model the very righteousness of God in ever aspect of their lives (Lev. 11:45; Lev. 19:2; Lev. 20:7; Lev. 20:26; Matt. 5:20; 1 Thes. 4:3-5; 1 Pet. 1:13-16; Rev. 21:6-8).
(4) Integrity – a man of God is to have integrity and uprightness in all of his actions (Prov. 15:21; Isa. 33:15-16; Matt. 6:33).
(5) Leadership – a man of God is expected to be the spiritual leader of his home. He is expected to lead his family forward in God’s will and word (1 Cor. 11:3; Eph. 5:22-33; 1 Pet. 3:7)